Name: Anastasia Theodoulou
Job Title: Administrator
Company / employer: Water Babies
Apprenticeship: Business Administration
1. Why did you come to First Rung?
I wanted to start working as an apprentice and gain experience, new skills and a qualification.
2. What were you doing before you came to First Rung?
I was at sixth form and completed my BTEC Triple Business qualification. I also worked part time as a sales assistant.
3. Is First Rung different from school or college? If yes, why?
Yes, the classes are smaller so they are more interactive.
4. What qualifications have you achieved so far or what experience have you gained?
I have been here for two months and can’t believe how much I have learnt! I am already responsible for a number of duties.
5. What is your career goal, where would you like to be in 10 years time?
I would love to be an office manager, with the qualifications and experience that I am gaining I feel like I am on the right path.
6. Do you enjoy your Apprenticeship and why?
This is my first job in an administration role and I work with lovely people who are always there to offer support.
7. What skills have you learnt on your apprenticeship?
My administration and communication skills have improved already. I organise the timetables for the new term, talk to potential and existing customers, deal with emails and make up certificates and information packs.
8. How have you developed personally since starting work?
I have always been a friendly person but doing an apprenticeship has helped me develop my communication skills and grow in confidence.
9. What are the six best things about doing an apprenticeship?
• New working environment
• Working whilst gaining more qualifications to help progress up the ladder
• Gaining business administration experience
• Learning new skills
• Still in education
• Keeps me busy
10. What do you hope to do when you leave First Rung?
I hope to challenge myself by going for an administration role with more responsibility.
11. What has been your highlight of attending First Rung?
I did not expect the support I received from First Rung. From the interview to beginning the job, First Rung have helped me every step of the way.
12. Are you happy you chose First Rung or an Apprenticeship instead of considering college or university, if yes, why?
I always knew that I wanted to do an apprenticeship and not go to university. I am so grateful that I found out about First Rung and I am now doing a Business Administration apprenticeship and gaining relevant work experience in business.
13. What advice would you give someone leaving school or college now?
If you do not want to go to sixth form/college or university and you would like to start working, I would 100% recommend First Rung! They help you onto an apprenticeship where you gain experience, qualifications and you get paid.