WE ARE CELEBRATING!
In our last OFSTED inspection in November 2016 we achieved a Grade 2 "Good” in all six areas of:
Outcomes for Learners - Grade 2
Quality of Teaching, Learning & Assessment - Grade 2
Effectiveness of Leadership and Management - Grade 2
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare – Grade 2
16 to 19 Study Programme – Grade 2
Traineeships – Grade 2
OFSTED stands for the Office for Standards in Education. OFSTED are independent and impartial and inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
OFSTED have officially recognised us as a “Good” place to learn, achieve qualifications and train for a successful career because at First Rung:
- The large majority of study programme learners progress to traineeships, apprenticeships, further education and training or jobs
- Almost all trainees progress to apprenticeships, further education and training or jobs.
- Learners develop good professional and vocational skills while taking part in good- quality work placements
- Trainers provide readily available and good- quality academic support for learners in and out of lessons, which helps learners improve their study skills
- All learners quickly improve their attitudes, behaviour and attendance and adopt the commitment required to be successful in a job
- All staff share a keen focus on supporting their learners in the achievement of their learning and career goals
- Senior leaders and managers have established particularly successful and productive employer partnerships to support and prepare learners for employment
- Leaders and managers accurately evaluate the quality of teaching, learning and assessment; they make excellent use of the views of learners, and use quality improvement plans effectively to improve the provision
Click here to read the full OFSTED report