First Rung is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
First Rung may change this policy from time to time by updating this page so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. By using our website, you're agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to Data Protection Officer, First Rung Ltd, 197-205 High Street, Ponders End EN3 4DZ .
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about Courses/Vacancy or to make a donation or if you register to receive updates from us.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your
• Name and job title
• Contact information including email address
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offer
• IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
• If you make a donation through the website your bank details are not held on the website.
How is your information used?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses, vacancies or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
• We may contact you by email, phone, social media or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• process a donation that you have made;
• notify you of changes to our services;
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
The bases on which we process information about you?
• Contractual obligation: When you create an account on our website or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us
• Consent: Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our courses, vacancies and other services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
• Legitimate interest: Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to: whether the same objective could be achieved through other means, whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm, whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so.
• Legal obligation: We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
Who has access to your information?
Under the GDPR, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. Briefly, you have the right to access, rectification and erasure of your personal data, to object and restrict processing, data portability, and rights about automated decision making (where this applies).
You can read more about these rights here – https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/is-my-information-being-handled-correctly/Please contact us if you have a query about the way we process your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on cookies, please see https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/